Thursday, September 4, 2008

The things kids say....

Josie: Mom GIVE ME MY YOGURT.
Me: Josie I'm busy and you are not asking nicely
Josie: GIVE ME MY YOGURT!
Me: Josie stop seriously, I will when I'm finished
Josie: You never give me anything like fish, or peacocks, or yogurt!
Josie(holding her thigh): Mom I'm getting skinny.
Me: Oh no!
Josie: I think I better eat some cereal.
Me: I think you're ok
Josie: Are you skinny?
Me: No I'm kinda chubby.
Josie: Oh I don't want to be chubby like you and Haylee

Dad: Josie give me a kiss on the cheek
Josie: Let me kiss you with my foot

Me: Josie you can't ever grow up
Josie: But why?
Me: Because I want you to stay little forever and be my little girl. I don't want you to grow up and go to school or move away. I don't want you to grow up.
Josie: But mom I need to.
Me: Why?
Josie: Cuz I need to reach things.


Me: Josie eat your dinner, it's good.
Josie: No it's sick
Me: Payton likes it. Huh Payton it's good?
Payton: Uh Huh, it's good Josie
Josie: No it's sick
Payton: You're tupid

Driving past our church
Grandma: Payton there's you're church
Payton: Hate it
Grandma: What?
Payton: Hate church
Grandma: No you don't
Payton: Hate it
Grandma: Do you like to learn about Jesus?
Payton: Ya....

Clearly we need to work on Payton's language, seems how yesterday at the park he used a bad word like 50 times. I was so embarrassed! And just to defend myself he was trying to say witch....Oh and you know how he used to repeat all the animals sounds at church...Now he likes to identify all the animals behinds in all the books and then say "Bum" and then laugh...sorry to everyone who sits next to us. I usually apologize before the meeting just so they know what they are getting themselves into.

8 comments:

Holly said...

I just love these kids. Maybe some day I will do a post on all the funny things you say to your kids while talking to me on the phone. Give them kisses for me....

The Oylers said...

I am so glad you did this. Jake and I have actually been talking about doing one like this because it helps you understand the kids so much more. I love the funny things they say.

Amanda said...

That is hilarious! Your kids are adorable! Happy Birthday Today!

Mindy said...

Let me kiss you with my foot... I can't stop laughing about that one! Those are all hilarious. Oh, here I go laughing again! I'm going to have to find some way to fit that phrase into my life.

izzynjen said...

Oh that was a great laugh! I love the pics.

Tawnia Zilles said...

What cute little kids you have. I love the things that kids say. You just have to laugh, because they grow up way too fast.

Sarah said...

Dan and I both got a kick out of those quotes! Josie sounds like quite the comedian!!!!

Amy F. said...

I'm laughing so hard right now, that was too funny!
Love it!