Sunday, September 14, 2008

Wellsville Mountains

Google "steepest mountains" and you will get the Wellsville Mountains. Rumor has it they are in the Guinness book of world records. I have always wanted to explore them but everyone has told me they are too steep. So when someone said they were going I jumped right on board. What an awesome adventure! Me, Patti, Jenny and Jenny
View from Wellsville Cone
Elevation: 9356 feet
Patti's victory flag
View of Box Elder County from first summit
The leaves were just starting to change and everything was beautiful and the weather perfect.
Other fun facts about the day:
I had an awesome babysitter and perfect cell phone coverage the entire time.
In this case going up was much easier than going down...the descent was so steep!
I found out that one of the girls I went with is a cousin to a good friend of mine.
There was a 70 year old woman doing the same hike...needless to say she gave me much inspiration.
Hikers are very nice people.
I remembered again how spiritual nature can be.
I forgot sunscreen...so ya I'm red.
I ate everything I took and drank all my water, so I guess I can't be classified as over-prepared.
I was thinking about Hannah most of the time, hoping she was surviving Hurricane Ike.
I'm still struggling with stairs...ouch I'm so sore.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

I really really wish I could have come with you! I have always wanted to hike the Wellsvilles. Now you'll probably never do it again with me! I'm proud of you... I think you girls are awesome.

Ty & Em said...

you look so good! i'm so jealous your so skinny! you little granola! ha ha no just kidding! it looks like fun i guees i'll just have to go with ya next time!!

Pants said...

I love the Wellsville mountains. I'm so jealous.

This Idaho Girl said...

Patrick has been bugging me to hike the Wellsvilles with him forever! I need the number of this awesome babysitter you have. Also, P is an angel in nursery. Maybe you could have a class on how to make your kids behave in nursery. Some of the other mothers could really benefit.

Riley and Ashley Smith said...

Way to go Melissa, I think the furthest I've ever hiked is to the top of the stairs, and try to only do that when it is neccesary!! LOL