Friday, November 16, 2007

Happy Birthday Josie!!!!

It took us awhile to convince Josie but, it's true she turned 3. It was so much fun watching her this year and to see her so excited, I guess she gets it now. Actually the night before her birthday I was in charge of a YW/YW Combined activity and had ordered 6 dozen donuts that came in a huge box. Well I ended up bringing home plenty of left overs and the kids were already in bed. The next morning, Josie's birthday, Josie came upstairs and said, "Santa brought me donuts for my birthday." It was so cute. All of her excitement is making me excited for Christmas. She got a tent and insisted on sleeping in it that night. I think she thought everything was going to disappear, becasue when she woke up this morning she saw her loot and ran to me and said "My toys are here, it's magical." She did get the selfish birthday bug and poor Payton was at the other end of that, until she opened up the Leap Frog toy. She saw that it wasn't pink or purple and handed it right over to Payton, she's still not claiming it. So I'm guesing that Payton will be more intellectual and not as shallow as his sister who is more interested in Fashion Fever Barbies and pink Barbie cars.


The look on her face basically sums up how she was all day. She just couldn't contain it.

When she opened an Arial nightgown she immediately started stripping down in front of us all.


Well, here's the masterpiece. Ha Ha!!!!!

Happy Birthday Josie!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Melissa, you did it!!! The cake looks great! You truly are amazing. And I laughed out loud reading about your intellectual son and shallow daughter. Josie is so cute, I can't stand it!

Pants said...

Mel, I love the blog. I love talking to you. I love the pictures of your kids. I love that you have a girly-girl for a daughter!

Mindy said...

Write. More. Please.

p.s. Tell me how your bread turned out. Better yet, tell me on apron girls...