Sunday, February 8, 2009

Recent (or not so recent) Happenings

**WARNING: This Post Is Very Long**

It's cold here....Look at our poor horse.

And it has been very foggy? smoggy? from the dreaded Cache Valley inversion .

Landon was going to go Mountain Lion hunting by himself...(and I worry a lot when he does that) and I was needing some air and exercise so I tagged along.
Our engagement pictures were taken right there by that bridge, but in July. We hiked a few miles to get to this point then....
Landon told me this is where we would continue hiking....straight up the cliff side.
Looking down on the way up. I proved to be a better rock climber than Landon, but he did a better job going down. I mostly slid on my butt the whole way down.
Eating lunch at the top. It was a beautiful day. We ditched our coats about five minutes after we started. Unfortunately we forgot sunscreen!
Cinder our new puppy...she's 6 months old.
Landon showing off the shed he found.

A few weeks ago I had the week of work off and my kids and I need to see some new scenery so we headed down to Holly's house for some fun. The kids were great the whole time!
I totally lucked out and got to spend the night with Britt's kids while Brittany and Steven went to the Jazz game. I always wish I knew what I could do for Britt so I was so happy to finally do something to help her out. Her kids are so great. The girls had a ball and it was fun for Payton to finally have a boy to play with.
Look at these silly girls!

On another day we met a friend of mine from college at the Kangaroo Zoo. It's is like a big gym full of inflatable slides and trampolines.
Here is an example.
Josie and Avery on the turtle.
Josie entering the frog house.
Payton trying to be brave on the big slide.
Pete on the dino.
Haylee was nervous around all the inflatable creatures and stayed in this position 90% of the time.
The Crew: Josie, Payton, Me, Haylee, Avery, Steph, J.J.
Thanks for finally meeting up with us Stephanie!!!!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

:) :) Look at me smiling! I love the picture of you at the top of the mountain!

Pants said...

Mel, Love the posts. Keep them coming. I hear our sisters are friends. Good.

Rindlisbach Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rindlisbach Family said...

I am glad to see that you were kind enough not to include the picture of Avery face-planting it. She had so much fun though, and is still talking about the "bounce house."