Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Tree







We headed for Dayton to collect our yearly Christmas Tree, but the infamous tree farm must be going out of business soon. Instead of having a bunch of trees ready to go, they told us to go ahead and tromp through a field and pick a tree. This was a very lonely field of pine trees, like little orphans, and lets just say unique. It was also very cold and we were packing two toddlers. So this hurried the process, Landon saw a tree said this is the one, a man pulled up on a four wheeler to confirm our selection and then proceeded to start the chainsaw, which made the kids cry and tadaa we had our tree. Our massive tree. It completely covered our Explorer and our living room. I commonly referred to it as the bush as it wasn't exactly pine tree shaped but was actually blessed with five tops. I never did put a star up because I couldn't decide which top to put it on. Landon still claims its the best tree we've ever had. I say maybe the best forest we've ever had. Unfortunately I never could get it to fit in the frame of my camera so you'll just have to imagine...

2 comments:

Mindy said...

It was a lovely Christmas bush. :)

Emily J. said...

I miss that old Dayton Christmas tree farm. We would make the trip from Blackfoot to pick out our Christmas tree even after we moved from West Side. I am all about fake trees now. No mess and almost perfect everytime. No fun I know but it is a lot cheaper.