Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Some things never change.....


I long for friends often. Just ask my husband, I'm always saying I wish I had a friend. I crave for the type of friendships where you can completely be yourself and never worry about being accepted. It's a rare and precious thing, this I know for sure because I have lived in the same house for 6 years and have yet to find a friend like that here. But over the Holidays I was blessed to see two of my very best friends and my cup runneth over because I realized that that type of friendship never ends. First Rachel and her mom came and spent some time at moms and we all had a great time. After years of trying to connect, we also FINNALY got Marti to come visit us. It was a short visit but so fun

3 comments:

The Oylers said...

I am so jealous of you. First because you got to not only see Rachel but another dear friend of yours. Second because you have friends like that, you are very lucky. And third, because I wish it was me that got to go and hang out with you,I miss you so much. And you look cute by the way, I am so excited for your new arrival.

Pants said...

Oh, Mel... My cup spilled over, too. I feel the same way about you and Rachel. Indeed, some things never change. (The older I get, the more I realize how precious what I have is.)

Mindy said...

This is not a good day for me to read this post. :( I'm glad I have sisters-in-law who are my best friends ever, though! I'm glad you got to see Marti and Rachel. Hi Marti! Hi Rachel!