Sunday, March 2, 2008

Watch out Ogden, Here we Come

Since having the baby and Landon's boss being in Hawaii for 2 weeks we have all been getting a little restless and it was time for us to get out. Luckily I saw an ad in the paper for a model train festival and we thought 'what the heck.' So Saturday we headed out of Cache Valley and went all the way to Ogden, believe me it was a big step.

For those of you who don't know, Payton LOVES trains, the rest of us are so-so about trains. We were having a hard time telling if he was enjoying himself until we tried to go into the next room of displays. He started yelling and crying out CHOO-CHOO, CHOO-CHOO. I just had to laugh, I don't know were he got his passion for trains, but its amazing how they can light up his face.
There were rides for the kids to go on and some trains outside for them to play on, but unfortunately for us it started raining and then snowing while we were there so the kids didn't get to enjoy that part. The snow was coming down soooo hard when we were leaving. We were all soaked by the time we got to the car. I will never forget Josie squealing the entire walk back to the car, we both were laughing at the big snowflakes landing on eachothers noses, eyes and everywhere else. It was a great day and the kids were so good!





5 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Getting out of the house with all 3 kids is huge deal! FEEL PROUD!! I am so glad you were able to get out and about--it looks SO fun!

The Oylers said...

Looks like it was a fun and successful outing. Man I am jealous I need to get out of the house too. Anyways I am jealous about the snow too. It was like 80 degrees here yesterday...too early to be that hot. Love ya.

Mindy said...

What a fun day!! I'm glad the kids were good. I can't wait to see you guys!

V and Co. said...

we went there because my 1st son absolutely was nuts about trains, he still talks about it and it was over 4 years ago! remember a backpack isnt just for hiking anymore! its all the new rage! :)

The Oylers said...

Okay I've been holding back because I hadn't posted new pics in awhile, but now tha I have I am not holding back anymore. NEW PICTURES NEEDED! I need to see Haylee and how she is changing and your other adorable kids too. Okay now I feel better, just hurry. HAHA