Sunday, April 6, 2008

Flaming Gorge/Red Canyon Lodge

Yes, we actually did it. I'm a little late posting it because this week has been crazy. We headed out last Friday and drove many hours going through Morgan, Evanston, Manilla (yes some pretty exciting places) and onto Flaming Gorge. Actually the drive was great. Our kids are so good in the car so we are pretty blessed. We saw a moose, deer, antelope, bald eagle, elk, and turkey on our trip so we were quite entertained. It was so beautiful there. This is passing on a bridge right before getting to the dam.
I am now realizing that I didn't do a very good job of documenting the trip with pictures although we did use our video camera quite a bit. Here is Payton he thought he was such a big boy.


Thats Haylee all bundled up in the baby sling.
Walking along the bridge and checking out all the fish. I couldn't believe how clear the water was and all the fish. It was awesome. Landon and I are planning on returning someday to float down the river together and fish.

Brandon and Landon went fishing and I begged them to bring me back a fish, I have the best husband!!!! Other than a little meltdown while eating out and Mindy losing her wedding band (which she found this week) we had a great weekend. The kids had so much fun playing with their cousins. My favorite part a puzzle contest that Tyler and I had, which he ended up winning because my puzzle was missing a piece. Thank you Aubrey for helping so much with the kids. And thank you Tyler and Cooper for sharing all your toys. We can't wait to do it again! On our way home we went to Vernal to see Brandon and Mindy's new house. It was so cute and fit them perfectly. Here's Mindy, Haylee and Me. Doesn't Mindy look great holding a baby?
We made it back Sunday evening and then Monday I was back to work, it was pretty rough. So here we are back to normal life for a bit. Now I am getting ready for the next big trip to go see Hannah. I'm so excited, but so nervous. Wish me luck!



3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

I'm guessing your return trip to float and fish, WON'T be with the kids! :)hehehe....what a fun outing!

Good luck on your next venture out with everyone!! It's tough at first, isn't it? Wait, it's STILL tough! :) jk

Mindy said...

Melissa, I LOVED our trip, and I'm so glad you guys made the long journey. I loved holding Haylee... and she does look good in my arms. Okay, I'll take her! ;) Have fun at Hannah's! I'm super over the top jealous!

Emily J. said...

So Mindy do you get to cook the fish when you get home? If so how do you do it. Ben loves fish but I have no idea how to cook it so it tastes good It looks like you had a fun trip. I love the outdoors.