Thursday, May 8, 2008

Bear Hunting Weekend #1

Landon drew out a bear tag this year and he is sooooo excited! So am I, doesn't bear meat sound delicious? Do you think it would be good for food storage. Unfortunately weekend #1 was unsuccessful, but Landon did get in some good exercise. I'll keep you posted with future hunts. If you look really closely you can see Hayden and Kaleb following all the hounds.
This was the long hike. They started at the bottom of the canyon and walked all the way up to this ridge.
Landon liked this tree and so do I

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

I have to say, I am glad my husband doesn't do the hunting thing--BEAR MEAT?? Eeeesh.....makes me nervous! :)

Mindy said...

The hiking sounds fun.... that's about it. Hmm... bear meat. I don't think that's one I've tried. Does it make good jerky?