Monday, May 5, 2008

Random Thoughts

*I think I'm a real mom now, I cut off my hair. Yes, I've cut it 3 x's in 3 months. I usually average once a year.

*I work Mondays and Tuesdays. The weather has been beautiful on Mondays and Tuesdays for 3 weeks and sucks the rest of the week...go figure.

*I took charge and bought myself a mothers day gift this year....and it's early.

*Some of my favorite quotes from Josie this week:
"This is not a rocking chair...this is a bed." (while sitting on my bed sunday morning)
"Relationships" and a sigh
"Thanks young lady" in response to me helping her get in her car seat.
"Jesus is nice. Jesus died. Now he lives in the church, but I never see Him."

*I took my kids an a exhausting bike ride tonight....it was about 1/4 mile.

*I'm having issues with my braces. I thought I was almost done and I woke up this morning to a a diastema between my two front teeth. (Diastema: a big fat space)(ok it's small but come on)

*Cinco de Mayo has come and gone with not so much as even an arriba. Last year we partied hard, today I didn't even eat a taco or wear my cinco de mayo shirt.

I am in love with my Snuggle Peach Blossom fabric softner but I think they quit making it. I can't find it anywhere!!!!

I got released from Young Womens. It's sad, but now I don't have to feel guilty about skipping it on Wednesday night to watch the Jazz game.

9 comments:

Leisha and Tanner said...

Well melissa if you need to barrow some dryer sheets come on up. We have some of the snuggel peach whatever...i think that is what we have...either way ours is smelly good. man your kids crack me up...

Mindy said...

You got released! I'm sorry, and I'm happy for you. Your "bike ride" made me laugh! Yikes! I'm sorry about your teeth!!! I hope it all straightens out soon. What did you buy yourself for mother's day? Those dryer sheets sound yummy! I'll have to look for them here. Josie is hilarious! I love what she says! I miss you guys.

The Oylers said...

I love these ones. And what did you get yourself for Mother's Day? Also I found the peach stuff at walmart and it does smell so good...I've been thinking I would make the switch to that, your clothes smelled so good when you were here. Well love you.

The Oylers said...

You know, a lot of women pay good money to get a gap in their front teeth like that. It ads spunk and personality to your smile. I say you leave it there or maybe even widen it a little more.

-Jake O.

Rachel Holloway said...

Okay girl! You are SO funny!! TOTALLY crack me up!

Are you going to make it to the Apron Girls Lunch in a few weeks? I would love to meet you in person! :)

Oh--and in response to your bike ride...I walked 5 blocks home from church the other day--and practically collapsed from exhaustion the second I walked through the door...so, I hear ya!

The Wisers said...

I bought myself material to make a quilt and I am so excited! And Jake you do seem like the kind of guy that would think diastema's are sexy.

Ty & Em said...

Just think you have a madonna smile now! So I'm dying to know what you got yourself for mother's day! And when you find the peach dryer sheets let me know! They sound heavenly!

Pants said...

Mel, I loved this post; I love you.

This Idaho Girl said...

I love your new hair and you can always try ebay for the dryer sheets. Can you believe people sell coupons on ebay? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?